Of course if you want to experience such a smooth move you will have to do your research and make a strong plan first.
How to Choose The Best Long Distance Moving Company
Before choosing your long distance company you have to be sure you and the company you choose are a good fit together. You will be surprised how reasonable a company can be if they make money on moving jobs coming back from your future home destination. For instance, If your long distance company can make money on the return trip this can prevent you from paying for their fuel on the trip back.
Just in Case.......
- Schedule utilities turn off and turn on dates.
- Clean up new residence before move in date.
- Put needed items on truck last to remove first.
- Bring person to watch young children.
- Arrange for pet care if needed.
- Keep lawn garbage bags handy.
- Extra boxes, tape,and markers.
- Keep bottles of water and snacks available.
7 Ways to Choose Your Long Distance Moving Company
Knowing what to expect in advance can save you money and time. Always get the information below to have your expenses covered in case of unavoidable situations.
- Make sure you get a referral from someone that was totally satisfied.
- Check moving company reviews online to see what others have to say.
- Choose the best 3 among your list.
- Make sure the company you choose is licensed and insured. They will be happy to show you their paper work without question if they have it.
- Make sure your movers are capable of moving special pieces such as a piano in advanced.
- Find out what the procedure is in the case of lost of broken items. A strong reliable moving company will be able to supply you with those answers and more.
- Find out the policy for extra hours, clean up, unexpected boxes or supplies.
7 Mistakes You Never Want to Make When Moving Long Distance
- Never go by your online quotes. These quotes are just an estimate. Always have more money in case of emergencies such as needed supplies and hidden cost.
- It is a mistake not to ask about all possible cost related to your move.
- Not getting a signed agreement of your charges and the work to be done can cause major problems after the moving job is over. Always get a contract with details of your moving job. Both parties need to know what to be expected.
- Never forget to mark your boxes by room, fragility, and never more than 35 pounds if you can.
- It is a big mistake to not know how many boxes you have going on the moving truck; you will be confused and waste time making sure nothing was left behind.
- Not packing a bag with regular used items is another big mistake. You want a bag/box available with favorite toys, toothpaste, shower items and foods that must be refrigerated available upon arrival.There's nothing worse than needing your child's favorite toy to keep them calm when your packing and unpacking at your new place and not having it.
- Not getting extra insurance on your valuables is a great mistake.Moving companies must have insurance available to replace, repair or settle in cash for any item damaged or lost during the move.Trust me, getting this extra insurance will motivate the movers to be extra careful.
Following a check list will help you avoid the scammer's and movers out for a quick buck. You may find a few friends to help but finding reputable movers will give you confidence and allow you to move stress free. Of course every move has a little stress, but you don't want it to be because of the lack of research on your part.
Searching for the best long distance moving company takes a little research but with thorough research, you will find the one that suits you and give you great service. You will get referrals, check online and run through the check list above. You will enjoy a great move with less stress with the best long distance company of your choice.